Workshops, art & Classes
Have fun and get inspired by participating in hands-on studio activities and explorations at the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre. Local practicing artists and art educators bring their wealth of talent and experience to lead our classes.
Drop in Art nights
With Emma Graham
Join us for free drop in arts night here at the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre. We’re opening up the kitchen studio for people to come in, hang out, and get creative among like minded people. This is open to absolutely anyone, you don’t have to be a member of the centre and you don’t have to be a practicing artist. If you want to get out of the house and just paint, draw, sew, carve or create then this drop in session is for you.
- Tuesday evenings on a bi-weekly basis. 7pm – 9pm
- Drop in dates: March 7th, March 21st, April 4th, April 18th, & May 2nd.
- RVAC Kitchen Studio. 320 Wilson St.
- The centre will provide basic tools like scissors and paintbrushes, however each guest is expected to bring their own materials.
- Get comfortable, bring a snack or a cup of tea!
- Open to youth, adults, and seniors of all abilities.
- To keep everyone safe and comfortable please avoid bringing excessively loud or fragrant materials.
- Please clean up after yourself
- No bookings required
- This is a free event, although donations are always appreciated
Drop in Watercolour nights
With Lara Davis
SOLD OUT! We will be running another round of these workshops so make sure you keep an eye out.
Our long awaited drop in Watercolour nights are here! These beginner friendly workshops focus on removing the fear from trying watercolour and don’t require any experience. If you’re looking for a relaxed, social environment to have fun and try something new, this class is for you! Participants will be able to bring home a different creation at the end of every session.
Local instructor Lara Davis aims to empower people to stretch their creativity and explore the many techniques of watercolour. Each class will focus on a different skill so those that choose to return regularly will learn a new skill every time!
Because these classes are in such high demand students must reserve their space in advance. Please see the links below to save your space!
- February 1 – March 2
- Wednesday Nights, bi-weekly, 7:30pm – 10:00pm
- Adults (18+)
- In the RVAC Kitchen Studio
- $35 Per session
- All materials provided
learn to develop your own film
With Maxim B. Vidricaire
Are you sick of sending your film out of town to get developed? Learn how to do it yourself! This beginner friendly workshop is open to absolutely anyone who has a roll of film and some curiosity. Leave the class with your developed photos and the confidence to keep developing your own film.
Who can take this class?
This class is open to anyone aged 16+ who has a roll of film ready to develop. Each person will need to bring in one finished roll of 35mm colour film. Check your roll for a “C-41 process” label, this should be just fine for most Kodak and Fuji colour film. You don’t need to be a professional photographer or an artist. If you’re curious about the process and you’d like to learn, this class is for you.
Can I learn how to develop my black and white film in this class?
Unfortunately no. The process required to develop colour film and black and white film is quite different. If you’d like to learn how to develop black and white film let us know! We’re always looking to run more workshops
- Cost: $155
- 9am – 11am then 5pm – 7pm, June 11 *NEW*
- This class is split into two halves as your film will need to hang dry throughout the day.
- Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre, 320 Wilson st.
- Plenty of one one one time with the instructor. It will only be you and one other person in your class.
- Your photos developed!
- The experience and knowledge to skeep developing your own film.
Drop in Life Drawing
With Brett Mallon
These classes are open to absolutely anyone, regardless of skill level. The only thing to note is that these are self directed classes, meaning the instructor is on site to facilitate rather than teach.
Ages 15+ are encouraged to join these drop in sessions. No experience is necessary and all skill levels are welcome.
A range of standard drawing materials will be available on the night, however if you’d like to work with your own materials you are more than welcome to bring those along.
Although this class was scheduled to end mid February we will be extended them! Stay tuned to find out more.
Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre, Main Gallery
Enter through the main doors (front entrance)
320 Wilson St, Revelstoke
These self directed sessions will be the perfect chance to practice your figurative drawing. To help make these classes more inclusive most of the sessions will be semi draped (or partially nude) with one undraped (fully nude) session taking place each month.
* Undraped sessions will be open to ages 18+ only.
Drop in only
$15 per session
Pay with cash or card at the door
Comprehensive Pottery Workshops
Join the waitlist
This 6 week comprehensive pottery workshop provides a crash course into the world of ceramics, no experience necessary. After completing this course students will have all the skills necessary to join the pottery studio and gain 24 hour access to the facilities.
Although we’re doing our best to run these classes regularly the waitlist continues to grow so classes are run on a first come, first serve basis. Make sure you put your name on the waitlist sooner rather than later. Currently the waitlist is over 150 people long!
If you want to get hands on with clay a little sooner there is no waitlist for our shorter, once off classes so keep an eye out for these by joining the mailing list or following us on social media. These once off classes pop up periodically throughout the year.
Free Kids Activity Book
Download this Free Booklet Today!
Best for ages 5 – 8
This free activity booklet is a great way to keep your little one engaged while the family tours the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre. Download yours today or collect in person!
want to get first pick of workshops?
Become a Member!
Our members receive advanced notice on all classes and workshops directly to their inbox. Be the first to hear about workshops before they sell out by becoming a member today.
Artwork by Marie Moose
Art Instructors Wanted
The Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre is looking for instructors!
- If you have some art skills and experience & would like to share it with the community, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently looking for Kids, Teens and Adult art programming.
- We always want all of our instructors to feel safe and supported. Please include any concerns or requests in your emailed application.
- All kid and teen instructors must have proof of a current police check