2024 Art in the Park applications closed
Thank you to everyone who applied to be part of the Art in the Park Residency Program for 2024. Our next Art in the Park will take place in 2026.
Applications for the Art in the Park program are accepted in September and October every two years. The next submission deadline will open September 1, 2025. Instructions on how to apply can be found below
Artists will spend five days together in Glacier National Park where they will hike, sketch, photograph, paint and create among the majestic Canadian mountains. These sketches and photographs will be used by the artist to create three pieces that will be included in the Art in the Park 2024/2025 travelling exhibition. This residency, created by the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre and proud partners Parks Canada, is an application based residency for up to 12 artists.
- This is a front country experience. Hiking and creating outdoors is an essential part of this residency.
- Pieces for the travelling exhibition do not need to be completed (or even started) during the residency, but the experience, sketches, and creative processes during the residency should impact the final pieces for the travelling exhibition.
- All food arrangements while at the residency are covered by the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre and Parks Canada
- Accommodation while at the residency will be provided. It will likely be the A.O Wheeler Hut but is subject to change. Accommodations needed to travel to the residency location are not included.
- Artists will be sleeping in close quarters to one another and working together in many instances including cooking, dishes and hiking.
- Travel is not included in this residency and successful participants are expected to find their own means of transportation to the residency location.
July 2024 (exact dates still to be determined.) This artist residency will span a full week with artists arriving on the Monday and departing on the Friday.
A.O. Wheeler Hut in Glacier National Park, Canada (specific accommodation is subject to change with notice but location will be remain in Glacier National Park)
$350 per person – please note this registration fee is for successful applicants only, there is no cost to apply.
Artists will be chosen by the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre’s exhibition committee and representatives from Parks Canada. Applications will be assessed based on creativity and originality, control over medium, quality of composition and style, and overall impression.
Any further questions can be directed to: email@example.com
Applications will not be returned. Do not send original works of art.
*If you require extra assistance to complete this application, OR are having difficulties using this form, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily assist, no questions asked.
Send applications via email to: email@example.com
Emailed applications are preferred but we will accept mailed applications to: Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre, 320 Wilson St, PO Box 2532, Revelstoke B.C. V0E2S0
Application Part One
- Name, Email, Location and Phone #
- Medium of art (30 words max)
- Why would you like to take part in this residency program? (200 words max)
- What sort of work will you create during the residency? Please explain the creative process you intend to engage in while at this residency. (200 words max)
- This is a residency program where you will be creating and living in close quarters over 5 days with several artists. What energy will you bring to a group dynamic and how will you inspire the group and program? (200 words max)
- How will you help promote Glacier National Park, the Art in the Park program and the Travelling exhibition? (100 words max)
- Please include any additional information to support your application (not mandatory, 100 words max)
- Website/Facebook/Instagram (not mandatory)
- How did you hear about the Art in the Park Residency Program?
Application Part Two
- Please include 8 – 10 individual images of your recent/applicable artwork
- Applications will not be returned. Do not send original works of art.
- High quality photos that show your work in its best light are important. A few good quality photos of your best work are better than a lot of low quality photos of a variety of pieces.
- Do not include the photos of your work directly into this document, it lowers the quality of the photo.
- If you are having difficulties transferring large photos via email, please either send using a third party software such as ‘wetransfer’ or ‘googledrive’ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a google drive folder for you to upload your images
- Do not send more than ten images
2. Please attach a short artist bio or artist CV